Atomic Ned

music. pop culture. sports. babies.

6.28.2006

Desmond
I realize it's never a good idea to blog about work, but this isn't offensive and isn't something that can be held against me at a later point in time. A few months ago I noticed that I was seeing this guy 3 or 4 times a day. I work for a large International company that has over a thousand employees worldwide and about 800 at the location where I work spread out across 4 buildings. Many weeks can go by where I don't even see somebody within my department that sits on the same floor as me and yet this guy (HowdyHell and I have nicknamed him "Desmond" due to some similarities to the guy who plays Desmond on LOST) seems to appear from out of nowhere near every time I leave my desk.

Now, a few years ago I made the comment that Patrick Baracus must go to EVERY single rock show in town because every time I was out, I ran into him. That led a few people to say that maybe I go out a lot or maybe Patrick only goes out to the same shows I go to. But, this whole Desmond-sighting thing has gotten downright creepy.

Every once in a while HowdyHell and I go grab some breakfast at the cafeteria - and there is Desmond. I'll go grab a snack from the break room - and Desmond will walk by on his way to the restroom. HowdyHell and I usually walk out to the parking lot at the end of the day together and 3 days out of 5 we'll see Desmond. Desmond, mind you, isn't in our department and doesn't work on our floor. It's very bizarre and uncanny. I've started wondering if Desmond is just a figment of my imagination - something that I would truly believe were it not for HowdyHell's spotting of him as well. Maybe I'll use this blog to document Desmond sitings just to prove that I'm not crazy.

I wonder if Desmond tells his friends/co-workers, "Yeah, I see this one dude from the 4th floor EVERY time I leave MY desk"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home