Atomic Ned

music. pop culture. sports. babies.

1.06.2003

There are others out there
I thought we were the only ones with a baby who won't sleep through the night. Now, in reality, I know that we aren't, but when you are hovering over the crib at 2:30 a.m., listening to your baby cry for no apparent reason, you feel like the most helpless person in the world. It's frustrating. That's not to say that I'm frustrated with Abbey (how can I be?), I'm frustrated with what I consider to be my lack of parenting skills (I know, I know ... it has nothing to do with my parenting skills, but I still feel that way). My wife Kate found this article and it made me both happy and sad to read. It made me happy to realize that other parents go through this but, for the same reason, it made me sad. As I read the diary entries I kept thinking to myself, "Wow, this sounds exactly like our nights."

Who said being a parent was an easy thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home