Atomic Ned

music. pop culture. sports. babies.

11.06.2002

Mr.Danes is back
I didn't know Ben Lee had a new record coming out. There is no U.S. release date scheduled as his label, Grand Royal, went belly up earlier this year. Lee gives a shout out to Veruca Salt in the bio that accompanies the CD. He is discussing about working with Dan the Automater (who produced the new CD).

"No musically, we could not have been more in synch. Like you know Dan loves the same one hit wonders that I love. We’d be flicking through each other’s iTunes on the computer and we both have Veruca Salt’s Seether. That was unreal, I’m just talking more in terms of a working method. I’m trying to get to a place where I thrive on stress a little less. It’s not healthy and I can’t sustain it. I had a wake up call, you know, it was like ‘really? Am I going to do this ‘til I’m fifty or sixty? I’ll give myself an ulcer!’ I need to create a more pleasurable way of working. That’s why I’ve been doing so many other projects. Doing the movie was all about doing things with no baggage, with no expectations, and realising that it’s a much more fun way to work. And much more rewarding.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home